The Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico airport is actually located 6 miles north of San Jose del Cabo and has the three letter airport identifier, SJD for this reason. This actually makes the Los Cabos airport about a 35-45 minute drive from Cabo San Lucas proper which is on the western end of “ the Corridor”, if you drive the toll road, bear left out of airport (27 pesos as of Feb. 2, 2009).
One major thing to know about the Los Cabos Airport is that they now have three terminals which are placed at a fair distance from one another. This has created an added confusion for many of those that are being picked up by friends or are flying out of San Jose del Cabo airport.
Terminal 1: 6 Gates: 1 - 6
- Aeromexico: www.aeromexico.com/usa/english/index.html (Mexico City, San Diego, Seattle/Tacoma)
- Aeroméxico Connect (Monterrey, Hermosillo)
- Air Canada: www.aircanada.com (Calgary, Toronto-Pearson, Vancouver) [seasonal]
- American Airlines: aa.com (Chicago-O'Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth, Los Angeles)
- Continental: www.continental.com (Houston-Intercontinental, Newark)
- Continental Express operated by www.expressjet.com (Houston-Intercontinental)
- Magnicharters: www.magnicharters.com.mx (Mexico City, Monterrey)
- Mexicana: www.mexicana.com (Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Mazatlán, Mexico City, Sacramento)
- MexicanaClick: www.clickmx.com (Guadalajara, Mexico City)
- Interjet: www.interjet.com.mx (Guadalajara, Toluca)
- Skyservice: www.skyserviceairlines.com (Toronto-Pearson)
- US Airways: www.usairways.com (Phoenix)
- US Airways Express operated by www.mesa-air.com (Las Vegas, Phoenix)
- USA3000 Airlines: www.USA3000.com (Chicago-O´Hare [seasonal], Detroit)
- Viva Aerobus: www.vivaaerobus.com (Culiacán, Monterrey)
- Volaris: www.volaris.com.mx (Guadalajara, Tijuana, Toluca)
- WestJet: www.westjet.com (Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver) [seasonal]
Terminal 2: For general aviation or private jets: 14 Gates: 7 - 20
Terminal 3: Only international flights.: 4 Gates: 21 - 24
- Alaska: www.alaskaair.com/ (Los Angeles, Portland (OR), San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle/Tacoma)
- Delta: www.delta.com (Atlanta, Salt Lake City)
- Delta Connection operated by www.skywest.com (Salt Lake City)
- Frontier: www.frontierairlines.com (Denver)
- Northwest: www.nwa.com (Detroit, Minneapolis/St. Paul) [seasonal]
- United: www.united.com/ (Chicago-O'Hare, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco)
Terminal 4: currently under construction: 10 Gates: 25 - 34
[ Top of Page ]
You may pre-arrange round trip transportation service in advance at one of the sites listed below. Make sure that you receive a voucher for both your arrival and departure trips! Their collective taxis (nine-passenger vans) and larger buses cost roughly $30 US each person, round trip (plus $ 3 US tax). They make 1 to 3 stops.
Cabo San Lucas Tours:
Los Cabos Airport Shuttle:
Phone: 142-3238 local
Phone: 146-0888 local; from USA & CAN 1-877-BAJA-123
These same companies also offer private taxi, van and limo service for significantly more money.
Several hotels offer free or discounted shuttle service, so always ask when you make hotel reservations.
After you have gone through customs, claimed your luggage and passed through the red/green light check point, you will enter a large room lined with desks and many people asking if you have transportaion or asking you where you are going (these are time share sales people, say a kind.. no thank you...). Find the sign that reads, "Ground Transportation, Taxis & Bus" or "Authorized Shuttle & Private Van" or look for the company representative and they will direct you to your transportaion. The representatives will usually be holding a sign with the company's logo.
FROM CABO TO AIRPORT:
See round trip information above.
Another option is to use the Tesoro shuttle at the lobby of the Tesoro Resort. Their shuttle to the airport costs $ 15 US each and runs at 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 12:00 noon and 1:15 PM.
TAXI SERVICE IN TOWN:
Always negotiate price before entering a taxi. They will try to rip you off!
Typical rates fro Plaza Nautica:
- to Medano Beach: $ 5 US or 60 pesos (for entire van, not per person)
- to Costco or Roadhouse: $ 10 US or 100 pesos (for entire van, not per person)
- to CCC (the supermarket): TBD
- to TBD:
[ Top of Page ]
Advantage: www.advantagecar.com.mx/index.php - At L. Cardenas Plaza Las Californias Local #1, across from McDonald’s, Cabo San Lucas. Phone: 143-0909, 143-0466. Open daily 8am - 8:30pm at Los Cabos International Airport. Phone: 146-5501, 146-5500. Open daily 7am-8pm - AX, MC, VS
Alamo: www.alamoloscabos.com/ - Alamo: Telephone: Los Cabos International Airport: local - (624) 146-1900; from USA - 011-52-624-146-1900; Cabo San Lucas (624) 143-6060; Reservations: Mex: 01-800- 821-6522 | USA: 866-365-3530
Dollar: www.dollarloscabos.com/ - Free unlimited miles and pick-up service. L. Cardenas s/n between L. Vicario and N. Mendoza; Ph: (624) 143-1250—AX, MC, VS
Payless: www.paylesscarrental.com/ - Phone: (624) 146-5183 | Toll Free from Mexico: 01 800 772-9537. Located a few steps from the airport parking lot; Mon-Sat, 8am-8pm, Sun, 8am-7pm—AX, MC, VS
Thrifty: www.thrifty.com.mx/ - Reservations: Toll Free From U.S: 1 (800) 847-4389; Toll Free From Mexico: 01 (800) 021-2277
[ Top of Page ]
There are official bus stops, with seats and shade, but the busses can be flagged down, from almost anywhere along the highway, by waving your arms. They will usually stop, if they see you in time. It is safer and easier to walk to the designated bus stops. The busses only run on the main highway and pass each stop (approximately) every twenty minutes. The fare is around 16 pesos (about $1.50 U.S.) between the two towns, less if your only going part of the way. It is a good idea to have exact change in pesos for the fares.
The main public bus companies are Suburcabos and Interbaja.
Each residential condo may have one remote opener and parking space assigned to it by the Administrator (Adan Leggs or Viviana Diaz).
The vehicle entrance is on Marina Boulevard heading out of town after Subway and just before the Hat Shop. It has an automatic gate at the street and at the entrance to the garage that can be opened with the remote.
The pedestrian exit/entrance to the garage is located in the plaza area of the Plaza Nautica complex. The gate there has a key, which is issued to each owner by the Administrator.
If adequate parking is available, the Administrator may issue remote opener and pedestrian gate key to a guest or renter of a condo.
[ Top of Page ]
Rates from the marina to Medano Beach should be no more than $ 3 US per person.
They offer tours out to and around Land's End, with a drop-off and pick-up at Lovers' Beach included, for $ 10 US per person. Some will even take you for a brief whale watching tour if one is close by, all for the same price, but if they do this for you please give them a nice tip!